January 05, 2012

2012 Blanket


I was supposed to be knitting a blanket for 2012 with the Mystery Blanket Knit-a-Long group. However, after two attempts at the January block with two different yarns, I was just not happy. At all. So I scrapped it and decided to do a pretty flowery hexagon blanket that I have had my eye on for a while instead. 

So far I am VERY happy with the results. I am doing it in a dark red and since it makes the flowers look like poinsettias (to me anyway) it is going to be a Christmas blanket.


I did some knitting math, and decided I need to knit two hexagons every month if I save December knitting for the border. This shouldn't be a problem at all seeing how each of the hexagons only takes me a couple hours. In fact I am already done with my two for January!

  I had to include this picture to show the magic that is blocking. The bottom one is straight off the needles, the top has had a quick steam bath to even things out.


No matter how much I do it, and the fact that I know exactly how it works, I still think it is magic. 

Aubrey also requested that I make her a chameleon. I let her pick out what yarn she wanted and she decided on this pretty aqua blue yarn that I rescued from a thrift store sweater.


No comments:

Post a Comment