January 02, 2012

January Cottage

I actually stitched this last month, but just got it finished and framed yesterday. Just in time for the new year!



I didn't finish it too fancy. Just ironed it out, and then pressed the excess fabric under.



And added a piece of fusible interfacing on the back.


I will be interchanging each month out in the same frame on this shelf.  (please excuse the crappy picture, the lighting in my living room needs some serious help. Not to mention the forest green wall, ugh)



This is my first year really doing any seasonal decor other than Christmas. I will be adding more "January" things as the month goes on. Right now all my shelf holds is some bird nests I found on the ground at the last place we lived. I am undecided as to if they will stay there or not. But it is all I have for now.

1 comment:

  1. I really need to get my January cottage finished up too. That's a pretty smart way of finishing it, I may just have to copy you.

    ReplyDelete